For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1988 and 2003 (the “Act”), the data controller is CRH plc.
Information We Collect
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on this Site;
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence; and
- Details of your visits to our Site and the resources that you access.
Examples of such information are: name; mobile telephone number; email address; and occupation.
We do not collect any information about individuals using this Site, except where it is specifically and knowingly provided by them to use.
Use of Your Information
The information collected may be used to:
- send you information you have requested and to provide information that may be useful to you;
- ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer; and/or
- provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
We may share non-personal aggregate statistics (group) data about our Site visitors' traffic patterns with partners or other parties. However, we do not sell or share any information about individual users.
We may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on your browser or the hard drive of your computer. Cookies are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. Some of the cookies we use are essential for the site to operate.
|Cookie ||Name ||Purpose ||More information|
|www-crh-live#ip3_device ||Sitecore Device ||To detect device (mobile etc) that user is viewing site on and display pages appropriately || |
|www-crh-live#lang ||www-crh-live#lang ||Stores Language For the Website || |
|Serverid ||Serverid ||ID of the Server which served the request || |
|ASP.NET_SessionId ||ASP.NET_SessionId ||Cookie from CMS (IP3) || |
|sifrFetch ||sifrFetch ||Heading font styling || |
|Google Analytics ||__utma |
|These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our Site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the Site, where visitors have come to the Site from and the pages they visited. ||Click here for an overview of|
privacy at Google
Use the link below to see descriptions of the cookies from GA:
In addition to our technical safeguards, your personal data is protected applicable data protection law. In keeping with our data protection obligations the personal data we hold about you shall be:
- processed lawfully and fairly;
- be accurate, relevant and not excessive;
- kept up to date, where necessary; and
- retained for not longer than is necessary.
We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your personal data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose that information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries. We may disclose your personal information to third parties if:
- required by our services providers to operate this Site;
- all or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us will be one of the transferred assets; and/or
- we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation.
Access to Your Information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a nominal charge.
CRH plc treats all the data held with the utmost care and security. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy notices and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Changes to this Statement
Any changes to this Statement will be posted here.